Executive Director: Andrea Palm-Porter
As the Executive Director of Roaring Fork Leadership (RFL), Andrea Palm-Porter is instrumental in guiding the non-profit to expand beyond its core leadership educational program to provide meaningful opportunities to practice and apply what has been learned for the betterment of our communities.
“My experience guiding organizations into new markets and finding new opportunities is directly transferable to the challenges facing RFL as they broaden their mission,” says Palm-Porter.
“Leadership is a way of life, and a way to be fully engaged in everything you do.”
Palm-Porter’s career trajectory is impressive, with 30+ years’ experience driving strategic growth through strong leadership and relationships. She’s has worked in a multi-million dollar media organization, retail industry, and currently in the non-profit & leadership industry as the Executive Director of Roaring Fork Leadership. She attended the University of Eau Claire in Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing – including a leadership curriculum. Andrea is also attaining her Master’s in Organizational Leadership through CSU. She is known for being able to grow revenue, be innovative, develop relationships, facilitate, define and drive product development, create awareness and execute projects with ease. A graduate and former board member of the Vail Leadership Institute, alumnus of the American Leadership Forum, and an Alumnus of the RFL Academy, Andrea is passionate about leadership as her personal mission is building a community of leaders. As she puts it, “A community of skilled & thoughtful leaders is a thriving & innovative community.”
She’s lived in the Colorado mountains since 1997 and is a mother to four: Tucker (19), Tessa (18), Brody (16) and Ruby Belle (15). She is dedicated to raising them to be amazing human beings with profound lasting relationships that will serve them throughout their lifetime. Andrea stands for contributing to a world of workability, compassion, and discovery. During her free time she enjoys being outside on her bike or on a mountain — skiing down or skinning up.
She gives back to her community in many ways.
Other Community Involvements, Certifications & Trainings:
- EQi 2.0 and EQ 360 Certified (Emotional Intelligence Assessments, Coaching & Training)
- Extended DISC Assessments & Training
- Hardiness Resiliency Assessment & Training
- Change Style Indicator Assessment & Training
- Influencer Style Indicator Assessment & Training
- Entrepreneur Edge Assessment
- What Motivates Me – Certified Trainer
- All In – Certified Trainer
- Master Coach – Transformation Academy
- Valley View Hospital Foundation Board Member (2013-2022)
- Awarded First Young Athena 2008, Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
- Previous Rotary Member (Vail, Glenwood Springs)
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Ambassador ’97-01
- Buddy Werner Volunteer/Coach ’98-00
- Coach, Colorado Rocky Mountain School Alpine Ski Team ’01
- Alumnus, Leadership Vail Valley
- American Leadership Fellow
- Crucial Conversations Training & Communication Skills Training
- Mastering Leadership Training
- Landmark Forum & Landmark Advance Program
- Facilitation Training
Favorite quote ” Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” Les Brown