Executive Director: Andrea Palm-Porter
As the Executive Director of Roaring Fork Leadership (RFL), Andrea Palm-Porter is instrumental in guiding the non-profit to expand beyond its core leadership educational program to provide meaningful opportunities to practice and apply what has been learned for the betterment of our communities.
“My experience guiding organizations into new markets and finding new opportunities is directly transferable to the challenges facing RFL as they broaden their mission,” says Palm-Porter.
“Leadership is a way of life, and a way to be fully engaged in everything you do.”
Palm-Porter’s career trajectory is impressive, with over 25 years’ experience driving strategic growth through strong leadership and relationships. She’s has worked in a multi-million dollar media organization, retail industry, and currently in the non-profit & leadership industry as the Executive Director of Roaring Fork Leadership. She attended the University of Eau Claire in Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing – including a leadership curriculum. She is known for being able to grow revenue, be innovative, develop relationships, facilitate, define and drive product development, create awareness and execute projects with ease. A graduate and former board member of the Vail Leadership Institute, alumnus of the American Leadership Forum, and an Alumnus of the RFL Academy, Andrea is passionate about leadership as her personal mission is building a community of leaders. As she puts it, “A community of skilled & thoughtful leaders is a thriving & innovative community.”
She’s lived in the Colorado mountains since 1997 and is a mother to four: Tucker (17), Tessa (16), Brody (14) and Ruby Belle (12). She is dedicated to raising them to be amazing human beings with profound lasting relationships that will serve them throughout their lifetime. Andrea stands for contributing to a world of workability, compassion, and discovery. During her free time she enjoys being outside on her bike or on a mountain — skiing down or skinning up.
She gives back to her community in many ways through her involvement with her children and their school.
Other Community Involvements, Certifications & Trainings:
- EQi 2.0 and EQ 360 Certified (Emotional Intelligence Assessments, Coaching & Training)
- Extended DISC Assessments & Training
- Hardiness Resiliency Assessment & Training
- Change Style Indicator Assessment & Training
- Influencer Style Indicator Assessment & Training
- Entrepreneur Edge Assessment
- What Motivates Me – Certified Trainer
- All In – Certified Trainer
- Master Coach – Transformation Academy
- Awarded Young Athena 2008, Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
- Valley View Hospital Foundation Board Member
- Member, Glenwood Springs Rotary ’98-01, ’06-10
- Member, Vail/Eagle Valley Rotary ’01–’06
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Ambassador ’97-01
- Chairperson, Olympic Torch Barrier Selection Committee for the City of GWS 2001
- Buddy Werner Volunteer/Coach ’98-00
- Coach, Colorado Rocky Mountain School Alpine Ski Team ’01
- Alumnus, Leadership Vail Valley November ’01–February ’02
- Board Member, Vail/Eagle Valley Rotary Foundation ’02-06
- Alumni Committee Chair, Vail Leadership Institute
- Vail Leadership Institute “Inside Out Leadership Program” – Fall ’01
- American Leadership Fellow ’04-’05
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Crucial Conversations Training
- Communication Skills Training
- Mastering Leadership Training
- Landmark Forum & Landmark Advance Program
- Facilitation Training
Favorite quote ” Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” Les Brown
Marketing and Program Coordinator: Leah Weiss
After studying psychology, linguistics and cognitive science at the University of Colorado, Leah has used these three disciplines as a foundation for her career in Organizational Development. She believes that being specific and intentional about our words is essential to being a leader, as it can change one’s life and their community as a whole. Leah is known as a collaborator, community builder, and has experience in leadership development programs.
Leah’s passion is outdoor adventures and traveling abroad to learn about different cultures and ways of thinking. She has volunteered on a farm in Chile, backpacked down Patagonia for three months, volunteered teaching English aboard and has led a handful of international tours.
Leah will be focusing on developing the RFL alumni community, fundraising, and managing RFL’s social media networks. She is excited to join the RFL community and continue living with leadership and love!