The Academy program provides the tools, dialogue and practical application for participants to become better leaders and thus better people.
Participants describe the 10-month program as inspiring, eye-opening, life-changing, challenging, and transformative. They often have cathartic or revitalizing experiences that bring new enthusiasm and excitement to all aspects of their life – both personally and professionally.
If you want to develop your personal capacity to make an impact – the Academy is for you. To see our most recent graduates – click here.
“In working to improve our communities, leadership is our most important resource. It is the engine that pulls the train. If you are involved in any group or organization, you will need to develop leadership in order to accomplish anything of significance. Why? Because it is leaders who make things happen. It is leaders who have a vision, take initiative, influence people, make proposals, organize logistics, solve problems, follow-up, and most of all — take responsibility. This is why leadership development should be a central activity for any community.” – University of Kansas’s declaration on the “Needs for Formal Leadership Development Within a Community.”
For years, RFL’s rating from program participants have exceeded industry norms with 97% agreed or strongly agreed that RFL played a significant role in improving their leadership skills. Additionally:
- 90% agreed or strongly agreed that the program was a valuable use of their time
- 92% welcome the challenge of leading a group or initiative at work (because of the skill learned in the program)
- 82% experienced a “breakthrough” in the program
- 97% improved their effectiveness in current leadership roles
RFL Academy is a 10-month course (August through May) that includes 11 sessions, 100+ hours.
Applications for RFL Academy 2023 are due by July 15, 2024.
Once your application is received, we will contact you within a week to schedule an interview.
Tuition for RFL Academy 2025 is $3,795. Monthly payment plans are available and are encouraged if full payment upfront is not possible.
Each year the Roaring Fork Leadership Class is divided into project teams (with 6-8 participants in each) that take on a civic project. The purpose of these teams is to provide participants the opportunity to practice their skills learned in the program while making an impact in the community. The skills include – the process of collaboration, consensus building, team decision making, leading change, facilitation, and conflict resolution. Through the practice of these essential and vital leadership skills participants discover the value of creativity, empathy, openness, discipline, and closure – and most importantly the power to make a difference for themselves and the community. Click here for more information about civic projects and/or to submit your project for consideration.
Participation in RFL Academy requires a commitment of time and energy. Please consider carefully the following requirements.
- Participants who miss more than 2 meetings will be required to withdraw from the program. The integrity of the program requires that participants be present at all sessions to both learn the leadership skills and to develop personal relationships.
- Complete all reading and writing assignments in a timely manner.
- Respect the confidential nature of the comments and discussion made during the group meetings.
- Tuition fee paid as outlined in the payment agreement.